USLC's Prayer Chaplains
Who are our Prayer Chaplains?
Dana Martin, Trainer
Paula Freeman, Trainer
This Year's Team (2014-20145)
Janice Francis Smith
Tina Hughes Wellman
This Year's Emeritus Prayper Chaplains
Michelle Gibson & Jeanne Hall
What is a Prayer Chaplain?
A Prayer Chaplain is:
- Someone who is available to support others on their spiritual journey.
- Someone who creates and holds sacred space.
- Someone who lovingly listens and holds what is heard in the strictest of confidence.
- Someone who prays with others.
What Is a Prayer Chaplain Program?
A Prayer Chaplain Program is a service opportunity for our congregants who desire to take the next step in the development of their spiritual maturity and level of commitment in their spiritual growth. It is a unique service that differs from many of the other volunteer opportunities in terms of commitment level and responsibilities.
Prayer Chaplains make a one-year commitment in fulfilling their duties. These duties include (but are not limited to):
- Monthly on-duty services (available for one-on-one prayer with congregants following services)
- Monthly wellness calling session
- In-service monthly Prayer Chaplain meeting
- Attend annual Prayer Chaplain training
Are you looking for a way to extend your heart, hands and feet in order to do pastoral care? This Prayer Chaplain Program will accomplish all this while helping the people in our ministry to feel “connected” and in relationship with one another.
The Prayer Chaplains attend a ---- hour training which is spread over several weeks. This program is designed by Rev. Lei Lanni Burt founder of Light and Love Ministry, an Alternative Ministry of Unity Worldwide Ministries.
If you are interested in joining our Prayer Chaplain team please send us an email at email@example.com
Attention Prayer Chaplains
If you would like Prayer Support click here www.silentunity.org